Together We Grow is the largest pediatric day health care program in California. However, there are certain medical requirements to qualify for it. These include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Medication administration, either oral, enteral or inhalation
- Enteral nutrition
- Respiratory treatment, which may involve oxygen administration or suctioning
- Skilled nursing assessment
- Tracheotomy care and suctioning
This program is inclusive but does not offer one-on-one care. Children who have acting out or behavioral issues, or certain medical conditions, including but not limited to flight risk, severe allergies or dangerous behavior toward others, may not be appropriate for our program. All children requiring skilled nursing need to be under the care of a licensed physician.
To refer a child to Together We Grow, you can call us (858) 751-0506 and ask to speak to the Case Manager, or submit an online referral.
Sources of Funding
Four principal sources of funding are available for parents who wish to have their child attend Together We Grow
- Medi-Cal - Some children may qualify for Medi-Cal eligibility separate from their parents' income.
- Regional Centers - Funding may come from Early Start or Skilled Nursing Hours (including weekend program).
- Schools - Children may qualify for school funding under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). Some school districts will bus to and from the site as part of the IEP (Individual Education Plan).
- Military - funding is available to families with an active duty parent through Marine Corps Childcare in Your Neighborhood and Exceptional Family Members Program. For more information, please click here.